Engineering and re-engineering over the long weekend.

  asterisk books class css dc engineering exploring hacdc injuries pbx phones python radios re_engineering shopping templates vacuum_tubes website

If you normally browse my website directly (i.e., not using an RSS feed aggregator of some kind) you'll see that I made some major changes to the front page late last night. For the past couple of days I've been profiling load times and such like, and discovered that I could improve the code and structure markedly with some changes. I've been using the Firebug and YSlow plugins to see where the bottlenecks were, and as a result I removed a half-dozen or so badges from weblog directories that did little else but add to the page loading time …

Read more...