If you've been on the Net for a while, you've probably seen buttons or tags for Digg, which is a community-based news management and relay website. The idea is that news articles are submitted by users, and everyone else on the site votes on how interesting, relevant, or helpful the articles are. Articles deemed popular through this method rise to the top (theoretically) while unhelpful articles sink to the bottom and are lost (again, theoretically).
Somebody developed a Tetris-like game seeded from Digg's RSS feed. For every article submitted, a game piece enters play. It moves pretty fast, and is …
On Friday afternoon, Lyssa and I spent a goodly part of the day laying around Jean's apartment to recover while she was at work. Long road trips wear me out, especially when I'm driving, so I wasn't in any mood to complain overmuch because we weren't doing anything. In fact, we were doing a large amount of blessedly nothing at all. When Jean got home we set forth once more to find dinner and visit Modern Myths, the gaming and comic book store run by old friends of Jean and Lyssa. We wound up at a mall not too distant …
GNU Screen makes coding so much easier: Run screen to multiplex your shell, then run a text editor in one, a debugger in another, have another shell open to compile.. no more mousing between windows. There isn't much of a learning curve, if you feel comfortable coding under Unix (or using the Cygwin tools for Windows) you'll pick it up in no time.
Sleeping just enough to recoup your strength so you can go out again isn't a good thing. Sleep enough to get all your energy back. Don't pull two or three all-nighters in a row, either. It'll crush …
Take one drink:
- ...every time Dade grins.
- ...every time Dade yells "Sh-hit!!"
- ...every time someone is called "elite."
- ...every time Dade is shut down by Kate.
- ...every time Nikon recites a particular piece of information from memory.
- ...every time someone wakes up from a dream.
- ...every time the Plague walks in someplace he really doesn't belong, like the local FBI field office.
- ...every time someone strikes a dramatic pose.
- ...every time Phantom Phreak makes an illegal phone call.
- ...every time Cereal Killer asks to crash with someone.
- ...every time Phantom Phreak says "What SUP?"
- ...every time Cereal Killer gives his …
2 / 2