I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last Thursday night due to getting ready for Saloncon 2008 and general problems getting a decent amount of rest these days. I think that part of it's the unusually high pollen count in the DC area right now and part of it's the air conditioning filter in the apartment (which Lyssa is having fixed today due to the fact that we can't get into the locked room in which the air conditioner is installed). Also, wedding stress is starting to mount with the end more than an month away. At any rate …
- The Cruxshadows - Sophia (Here I Am Club Mix)
- Razed in Black - Blush
- Covenant - We Stand Alone
- VNV Nation - Dark Angel
- E Nomine - Mitternacht (Extended Version)
- Colony 5 - Suicidal
- Projekt Pitchfork - Timekiller
- The Sisters of Mercy - Lucretia, My Reflection
- Depeche Mode - Strangelove
- David Bowie - As The World Falls Down (from Labyrinth)
- Tangerine Dream - The Dance (from Legend)
- Moulin Rouge - El Tango de Roxanne
- Marc Shaiman - The Addams Family Tango
- Loreena McKinnett - The Mummer's Dance (Single version)
- The Changelings - Earthquake At Versalles
- Birthday Massacre - The Dream
- The Dreamside featuring Rogue - Open Your Eyes
- The Cure - Charlotte Sometimes
- Iris - Hell's Coming With Me …
This weekend just passed, Lyssa, Laurelinde, and I journeyed northward to the state of New Jersey to join friends and colleagues at Saloncon, a one day convention (sort of) that celebrates the finer things in life, such as dressing well for the sake of dressing well, refinement, politeness, and a chance to show off all the nifty things that we've been building in our basements all year. I say that the convention is 'sort of' one day because the festivities actually began on Friday night with the steampunk meet and greet at the hotel's sports bar and ended on Sunday …
Lyssa and I are still spinning the masquerade ball at Saloncon 2007, and we've got a lot of work ahead of us to come up with a setlist that gets people dancing and keeps them dancing. We have an excellent reason not to suck.
We're opening for Voltaire.
No pressure. No pressure at all.