Enough fighting with mod_rewrite.

One of the quirks of the old version of Pivot I used to run was that it generated its RSS and ATOM feeds as static XML files with the names /rss.xml and /atom.xml, respectively. Since upgrading to PivotX, which implements these news feeds in a standard fashion (i.e., with the URLs /rss and /atom) with some URL rewrites, everyone who was using the URLs generated by the old release was left out in the cold. I've been trying to set up mod_rewrite to transparently redirect requests for the old feeds to the new ones with an HTTP …

Read more...

Sorry 'bout the downtime, folks.

A good bit of yesterday was spent monitoring Leandra as she upgraded her systemware and applications, which amounted to watching the output of various compilation batches (thank you, Portage) and making sure that nothing went horribly wrong. However, something did, in the form of a major change between revisions of the Apache web server, which had the net effect of making all of the config files obsolete and unusable. I discovered it last night while watching Leandra boot back up, but was too tired after work to do anything about it.

It appears that service is restored to all of …

Read more...