Due to extenuating circumstances, I don't think I can keep updating this entry. For the sake of my mental, emotional, and physical health I'm going to let it go. Lifeline, Edison, and other parts of me are going to continue monitoring and archiving the USian political situation but I, the organic core of everything, need to step back and do other things.
In response to reading this tweet, I thought I'd type up the following list, and add links to some stuff I've observed. I'll update it as necessary. List beneath the cut.
1. They will come to power after a campaign based on fear, scaremongering, distorting the truth and blatant lies. Nevertheless, they will win democratically, which they will keep using as an argument everytime you defy them or question the legitimacy of their actions.Remember - gaining power through democracy does not give them permission to undermine said democracy.
- It's Not Chaos, It's Trump's Campaign Strategy (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's Alternate Reality Strategy (local mirror)
- What Donald Trump Said About Mexico (and Vice Versa) (local mirror)
- Donald Trump: Ban All Muslim Travel to US (local mirror)
- Trump Makes False Statement About US Murder Rate to Sheriff's Group (local mirror)
- Republican State Lawmakers Push for Restrictions on Voting (local mirror)
- The Trump Administration's Lies About Voter Fraud Will Lead to Massive Voter Suppression (local mirror)
Trump Backers Fear "Deep State" Aims to Undermine Administration (local mirror)
- Fear. Paranoia. Doubt.
- Perhaps Trump knows he's gone too far with the intelligence community?
Here Are More than 400 Officials Trump has Quietly Deployed Across Government (local mirror)
- Like I keep saying - a lot of the stuff going on is a distraction from what's happening behind the scenes.
- Meet the Hundreds of Officials Trump has Quietly Installed Across the Government (local mirror)
Bannon Tells Trump: "Keep a shit list" of Republicans Who Opposed You (local mirror)
- The purge continues.
- Fox News Host Calls on Ryan to Step Down, Hours After Trump Tweets About her Show (local mirror)
- Weaponizing Social Media (local mirror)
Notorious Mercenary Erik Prince Is Advising Trump From the Shadows (local mirror)
- Yes, the man who founded the mecenary corporation formerly known as Blackwater.
- Blackwater Founder Held Secret Seychelles Meetinng to Establish Trump-Putin Back Channel (local mirror)
Official Involved in Bush-Era Purge of Gay Employees Now in Trump Administration (local mirror)
- Here we go again.
The Seven Types of People who Tweet at Trump (local mirror)
- No shit. The values of their User-Agent fields are node.js HTTP clients.
- You Helped Us Find Hires the White House Never Announced (local mirror)
- Donald Trump Orders "Election Integrity" Commission Headed by Architects of Voter Suppression (local mirror)
- Trump Says "This Russia Thing" was Part of the Reason He Fired Comey (local mirror)
Trump Nominates Actual Fascist David Clarke for Department of Homeland Security (local mirror)
- Wants to organize a country-wide purge of "internal enemies." (local mirror)
- "I suggest that our commander in chief ought to utilize Article I, Section 9 and take all of these individuals that are suspected, these ones on the internet spewing jihadi rhetoric…to scoop them up, charge them with treason and, under habeas corpus, detain them indefinitely at Gitmo."
- "We have no idea how many people out there have pledged allegiance or are supporting ISIS, giving aid and comfort, but I would suggest hundreds of thousands, I would suggest maybe a million."
- Wants to organize a country-wide purge of "internal enemies." (local mirror)
- Rep Releases Draft "Hacking Back" Legislation (local mirror)
- Trump's War Against the Checks on His Power Keeps Expanding (local mirror)
- Head of Iceland's Conservation Association: Trump Is a Sociopath (local mirror)
2. They will divide and rule. Their strength lies in unity, in a single leader or party, in one voice and one ideology, and so should yours. They will call their supporters patriots, only "True Americans." You will be labeled as traitors, enemies of the state, unpatriotic, a "worse sort" of citizens, the old regime trying to regain power. You will be the corrupt "elite" while their supporters will be "the people," "the soverign" who chose them as their eladers. Don't let them divide you - remember you are one People, one Nation, with one common good.
- Republican Party Facing Unprecedented Splits as Candidate Continues to Sow Disunity (local mirror)
- Redefining Party Unity at the Republican Convention (local mirror)
- I Was Trained For the Culture Wars In Home School... (local mirror)
- Trump Middle Fingers the Alt-Right (Alt-Reich) (local mirror)
- Bill O'Reilly's Most Misleading and Dangerous White Nationalist Rant to Date (local mirror)
- California Not "Out of Control" Leaders Tell Trump (local mirror)
- Leaked Trump Tape: "You are the special people."
- Anne Frank Center Condemns Trump, Sean Spicer Responds (local mirror)
- Amnesty International Report Raises Alarm at "Us vs. Them" Narratives (local mirror)
- Top Aide Says Trump Taking Control of US Conservative Movement (local mirror)
Sean Spicer Targets Own Staff in Leak Crackdown (local mirror)
- "Press secretary Sean Spicer is cracking down on leaks coming out of the West Wing, with increased security measures that include random phone checks of White House staffers, overseen by White House attorneys."
- "Upon entering Spicer’s office for what one person briefed on the gathering described as 'an emergency meeting,' staffers were told to dump their phones on a table for a 'phone check,' to prove they had nothing to hide."
- "There, he explicitly warned staffers that using texting apps like Confide — an encrypted and screenshot-protected messaging app that automatically deletes texts after they are sent — and Signal, another encrypted messaging system, was a violation of the Presidential Records Act, according to multiple sources in the room."
- Funny, seeing as how this is a thing...
- "It's not the first time that warnings about leaks have promptly leaked. The State Department's legal office issued a four-page memo warning of the dangers of leaks, and that memo was immediately posted by The Washington Post."
Home Alone in the Trump Adminstration (local mirror)
- Leadership by clique is a hallmark of authoritarian rule.
- The president seems to have lost interest in the nomination process after making his cabinet and Supreme Court picks, people involved in the transition say. Now, he’s trying to pass off his inattention as some kind of plan.
- “In many cases, we don’t want to fill those jobs. What do all these people do? You don’t need all those jobs.” --Donald Trump
- "The federal agencies are effectively run by Trump 'beachhead' teams, some 600 people who mostly are campaign donors, Trump employees, pals or allied politicos."
- Donald Trump Talks Tough About Big Business In Public, But Is Nice To Us Behind Closed Doors, CEOs Say (local mirror)
- White House Staff to Skip Correspondents' Dinner in "Solidarity" with Trump (local mirror)
White House Death Match: Plutocrats versus Racists (local mirror/files/2017-04/plutocrats-vs-racists.pdf)
- It is the nature of divisiveness, greed, and hatred to divide everything. Including themselves.
- "Trump faced a choice; he could have Mnuchin, Cohn, Mattis, McMaster, and the grownups in the room, or he could have eminence gross Steve Bannon and his band of misfit toys. It’s not without risk of Bannon snapping, but after having his head caved in on issue after issue, Trump has decided Team Goldman and the Swamp dwellers are more to his liking."
- "The losers in this fight? Trump’s base. They get nothing. No Wall. No Chinese currency manipulation declaration. No Obamacare repeal. No end to NAFTA. No trade wars. The next thing you know, Trump won’t deliver on his promises of a zillion coal miners heading down-pit on the daily."
- It remains to be seen what the alt-reich will do in retaliation.
Trump Urges Muslim Leaders to Lead Fight Against Radicalization (local mirror)
- Why is this important?
- This is how you get communities to turn on themselves.
- The oddballs, the freaks, the weirdos, the ones who are naturally quiet or introverted, are the first ones targeted.
- Comey Was Taken Aback by Trump Request for Loyalty Pledge (local mirror)
Nunes-Lead House Intelligence Committee Asked for "Unmaskings" of Americans (local mirror)
- "...asked U.S. spy agencies late last year to reveal the names of U.S. individuals or organizations contained in classified intelligence on Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election, engaging in the same practice that President Trump has accused the Obama administration of abusing, current and former officials said."
- What's next? Hearings?
- White House Waivers May Have Violated Ethics Rules (local mirror)
Democrat Needs GOP Sign-Off to Get Question Answered, Federal Agency Says (local mirror)
- The question she wanted answered was about OPM's internal training processes and had suggested a few changes for improving their security specialist recruitment program.
- White House OKs Ethics Waivers to 14 Groups, Individuals (local mirror)
White House Unveils List of Ex-Lobbyists Granted Ethics Waivers (local mirror)
- I guess that's one more thing out the window.
- "At least eleven" have been granted.
- The official page on whitehouse.gov (anonymized link)
- The official document on whitehouse.gov (anonymized link) (local mirror)
- List of names on the official document
- All EOP Appointees
- All WHO Commissioned Officers
- Rene Augustine
- Michael Catanzaro
- Kellyanne Conway
- Daniel Epstein
- Former Jones Day Employees
- Charles Herndon
- Shahira Knight
- Christopher Liddell
- Claire Murray
- Andrew Olmem
- Joshua Pitcock
- Reince Priebus
- White House Orders Agencies to Ignore Democrats' Oversight Requests (local mirror)
3. Through convoluted laws and threats they will try to slowly take over mainstream media and limit press freedom. They will ban any critical press from their briefings, calling them "liars," "fake news." They will brand those media as "unpatriotic," acting against the People (see point number two). Fight for every media outlet, every journalist that is being banned, censored, sacked, or labelled an "enemy of the state" for exposing the truth - as long as there's free press, there's hope.
- Kellyanne Conway to Trump Critics: Be Careful What You Say (local mirror)
- Conservatives Take Aim at Mainstream Media (local mirror)
- Here are the Media Outlets Banned by Donald Trump (local mirror)
- Trump's DC Hotel Bans Reporters During Inauguration Week (local mirror)
- Donald Trump Just Barred WaPo Reporters from Campaign Events (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's Seven Techniques to Control the Media (local mirror)
- The Alt-Right (Alt-Reich) Has Adopted an Old Nazi Term for Reporters (local mirror)
- Trump Strategist Stephen Bannon Says Media Should Keep Its Mouth Shut (local mirror)
- BBC Journalist Detained, Interrogated at US Airport (local mirror)
- In Black History Month Listening Session, Trump Lashes Out at Media (local mirror)
- Press Pool Escorted Out for Not Behaving (local mirror)
- White House Ices out CNN (local mirror)
Kellyanne Conway on President Trump's Ambitious Agenda (local mirror)
- "They're dishonest people. The media is very dishonest."
- "The media should be embarassed and humiliated and and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while."
- "You're the opposition party. Not the Democratic party. You're the opposition paty."
- "It's all the same. It's an anti-Trump screed. It's completely disrespectful to the Office of the President."
- If you're not for them, you're against them.
- "I think it's called listen more."
- "Not one network person has been let go. Not one silly political analyst and pundit who talked smack all day long about Donald Trump has been let go."
- Trump Falsely Claims Media Covering Up Terrorist Attacks (local mirror)
- Why the White House Keeps Crying "Fake News" (local mirror)
- Conflict Over Trump Forces Out an Opinion Editor at the Wall Street Journal (local mirror)
- The Mysterious Disappearance of the Biggest Scandal in Washington (local mirror)
- I Thought CNN was Taking a Courageous Stand Against White House Lies (local mirror)
- White House Warns Journalists and Lawmakers over Botched Yemen Raid (local mirror)
- Trump Tweets Media is "Enemy of the people." (local mirror)
Bannon: Conservatives Can Expect a "Daily Fight" with Media (local mirror)
- Refers to media as the "opposition." Again.
- "Every day is going to be a fight."
Project Veritas Releases Massive Trove of Damaging Audio Recordings from CNN (local mirror)
- More information on James O'Keefe and Project Veritas
- O'Keefe has a long history of creative editing and forgery, so we have no way of knowing if any of these recordings are legit or not. For all we know he asked his dozen closest associates to help him make these recordings.
White House Bars Times and Other News Outlets from Briefing (local mirror)
- “Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties. We strongly protest the exclusion of The New York Times and the other news organizations. Free media access to a transparent government is obviously of crucial national interest.” Dean Baquet, executive editor of The Times
- "They always bring up the First Amendment." --Donald Trump
- “They let in almost every network but CNN. That’s concerning, the handpicking aspect of it.” --Noah Bierman, LA Times
- “Apparently this is how they retaliate when you report facts they don’t like.” --CNN
- The White House Just Barred Major Media Outlets from a Press Briefing (local mirror)
Trump's Attacks on the Media Send Dangerous Message to World's Press Freedom Predators (local mirror)
- "We have to talk to find out what's going on, because the press honestly is out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control." --Donald Trump
- "Russia is fake news. The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake." --Donald Trump
- Trump Repeats Attacks on Media During Conservative Forum Speech (local mirror)
- Trump Adviser Calls Twitter Critic, Threatens Legal Action (local mirror)
Sean Spicer Refuses to Hold Televised Press Briefing for 7 Straight Days (local mirror)
- No way to question or call him on Trump's accusations of wiretapping. Convenient.
- Fake News, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Visualization (local mirror)
- State Department Kicks MSNBC's Andrew Mitchell Out of Press Briefing (local mirror) (video) (local mirror of video)
FBI Need Not Tell How It Snoops On Journalists (local mirror)
- Chilling effect, much?
- Report: FBI Investigating Russian Operatives Using Bots to Spread Stories from Breitbart, RT, Infowars (local mirror)
- Breitbart and Infowars Under Investigation for Ties to Russia (local mirror)
- Reporter and Photographers Say They Were Assaulted by Trump Supporters at Huntington Beach Rally (local mirror)
Journalists Sue Trump over "Kill List" Designations (local mirror)
- Journalists who have reason to believe they're on the USian "drone strike at first opportunity" list.
- Read the Vengeful Note Trump Sent the CNN Chief After they Released the Pussy Grabbing Tape (local mirror)
- Trump Renews Attacks on Democrats and News Media (local mirror)
- (CIA) Director Pompeo Delivers Remarks at CSIS (anonymized link) (local mirror)
- "WikiLeaks walks like a hostile intelligence service and talks like a hostile intelligence service."
- "It directed Chelsea Manning in her theft of specific secret information."
- It did not. Manning's verified chat transcripts prove this.
- Spicer Argues that More Public Disclosure Is Unnecessary, Even Harmful (local mirror)
- Prosecuting Assange Under Espionage Act Would Set Dangerous Precendent (local mirror)
- CIA Chief Declares War on Truth (local mirror)
- Julian Assange: The CIA Director Is Waging War on Truth-tellers like Wikileaks (local mirror)
- FCC to Investigate, "Take apropriate action" on Colbert's Trump Rant (local mirror)
Trump "directly involved" In Post-Inauguration Hunt for Rogue Tweeter (local mirror)
- It's good to know that the man with his finger on the big red button has his priorities straight.
- Daniel Ellsberg: Trump Threat to Wikileaks Is the Nuclear Option Against the First Amendment (local mirror)
- In A Private Meeting, President Trump Allegedly Urged Comey to Imprison Journalists (local mirror)
- Reporter "Manhandled" by FCC Security Guards for Asking Question (local mirror)
- FCC Guards Manhandle Reporter Just for Asking Questions At Net Neutrality Vote (local mirror)
- Tom Price Praises West Virgnia Police After Journalist is Arrested for Asking Questions (local mirror)
- Senator Lieberman Says NY Times Should Be Investigated for Publishing Wikileaks Documents (local mirror)
- Alex Jones and Roger Stone Want Trump to Prosecute His Critics Now That Comey Is Gone (local mirror)
Reporter Arrested For Asking Tom Price If Domestic Violence Is a Pre-Existing Condition Under Trumpcare (local mirror)
- It's explicitly listed as one, he was trying to get him to break in public.
- Fox News Team Witnesses GOP House Candidate Body Slam Reporter (local mirror)
- Republican Candidate Charged with Assault After Body Slamming Guardian Reporter (local mirror)
Trump's Top Choice for FBI Director Is A Supporter of Mass Surveillance (local mirror)
- Was behind getting Wikileaks' file hosting on Amazon terminated.
- Worked with Susan Collins to set whistleblower protection within the FBI back 30 years.
- Sponsoring legislation to amend the Espionage Act to make publication of leaked information by anyone a crime, a chilling effect upon journalists of every stripe.
- Montana Assault Breeds Frightening Talk of Violence Against Journalists (local mirror)
- Texas Governor Jokes About Shooting Reporters After Signing Gun Bill (local mirror)
Internet Gadfly Kim Dotcom Admits FBI Document on Seth Rich is Bogus - But He Won't Delete It (local mirror)
- As we all know from copious past demonstration, this is irrelevant.
- A little history of Kim Schmitz/Kim Dotcom.
- Michael Cohen May Sue Buzzfeed, Christopher Steele (local mirror)
- Reince Priebus Says Trump Wants Power to Sue News Outlets (local mirror)
CIA Director Says Wikileaks' Julian Assange Has No Freedom of Speech Protection Because He's Not a Citizen (local mirror)
- Who's next?
4. They will create chaos, keep a constant sense of conflict and danger. They will use this as an argument to enact new authoritarian laws, each one further limiting your freedom. They will disguise them as being for your protection, for the good of the People. See through the chaos, the fake danger, expose it before you wake up in a totalitarian state.
- Trump White House Defends Travel Ban (local mirror)
- Chaos, Anger as Trump Order Halts Some Muslim Immigrants (local mirror)
- Trump's Muslim Ban Triggers Chaos, Heartbreak, and Resistance (local mirror)
- Trump Fan Who Shot Anti-Fascist Protestor Set Free (local mirror)
- DHS refuses to comply with injunction, 20170129 (local mirror)
- Sources: Trump Executive Order Allowing Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination Is Coming Soon (local mirror)
- Trump Is Reportedly Drafting an Executive Order Allowing For Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination (local mirror)
Trump To Focus Counter-Extremism Program Solely on Islam (local mirror)
- "...would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States."
- Steve Bannon's Major Play Is Shaping Up as a Full Blown Fisco (local mirror)
- Milo Launches Horowitz Freedom Center Campaign Against Sanctuary Campuses (anonymized link) (local mirror)
Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety In the Interior of the United States (anonymized link) (local mirror)
- "Sanctuary jurisdictions across the United States willfully violate Federal law in an attempt to shield aliens from removal from the United States. These jurisdictions have caused immeasurable harm to the American people and to the very fabric of our Republic."
- "In executing faithfully the immigration laws of the United States, the Secretary of Homeland Security (Secretary) shall prioritize for removal those aliens... In the judgment of an immigration officer, otherwise pose a risk to public safety or national security."
- Anybody who's ever dealt with ICE knows how capricious they can be.
- "The Secretary, through the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers..."
- "It is the policy of the executive branch to empower State and local law enforcement agencies across the country to perform the functions of an immigration officer in the interior of the United States to the maximum extent permitted by law."
- "In furtherance of this policy, the Attorney General and the Secretary, in their discretion and to the extent consistent with law, shall ensure that jurisdictions that willfully refuse to comply with 8 U.S.C. 1373 (sanctuary jurisdictions) are not eligible to receive Federal grants, except as deemed necessary for law enforcement purposes by the Attorney General or the Secretary."
- "To better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions, the Secretary shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens."
- "Agencies shall, to the extent consistent with applicable law, ensure that their privacy policies exclude persons who are not United States citizens or lawful permanent residents from the protections of the Privacy Act regarding personally identifiable information."
- President Trump, Quebec, and the Dismantling of CVE (local mirror)
- Donald Trump, Who Campaigned on Rolling Back Trans Rights, has Begun Rolling Back Trans Rights (local mirror)
- New York City Set to Pass Sweeping Nuisance Abatement reforms (local mirror)
- Criminalization and Trump's ICE Raids: Two Immigrant Rights Organizers Facing Deportation Speak Out (local mirror)
- Trump Aide Derided Islam, Immigration, and Diversity, Embraced an Antisemitic Past (local mirror)
God Used Trump to Delay the Antichrist's Rise to Power (local mirror)
- Why did I put this here? It divides people between the Dominionists, the more moderate Christians, and everybody else. The Dominionists are, shall we say, pretty serious about their beliefs.
- If you've never encountered dominionists before or have reason to doubt any of the above articles, I highly suggest that you hang out with a few of them. You'll learn quickly.
- Donald Trump Signs Executive Order Giving Police More Powers (local mirror)
- Sessions Wastes No Time Attacking LGBTQ Rights (local mirror)
- Executive Orders Directed at Crime, Drugs, Protecting Police (local mirror)
- DHS Head Signs New Mass Deportation Guidelines (local mirror)
New Trump Deportation Rules Allow Far More Expulsions (local mirror)
- Remember: If you live within 100 miles of the US border, your constitutional rights are a dicey proposition.
- Trump Reverses Obama Policy on Transgender Restroom Use in Schools (local mirror)
Memo to the ISC: Check Out Some Databases at the State Department Before Finalizing that New Executive Order (local mirror)
- "President Trump has ordered DHS and DOJ to 'help build the legal case for its temporary travel ban on individuals from seven countries,' and that some individuals 'in the intelligence community disagree with the conclusion and are finding their work disparaged by their own department.'"
- "This E.O. is being introduced without clear evidence demonstrating that visa applicants/visa holders from these seven countries pose a credible threat to our national security. This major policy change may be occurring without consideration of information that may be held under various agencies documenting terrorism-related activities or other unlawful actions by visa holders."
- DHS Secretary Denies Deportations are a Military Operation, Contradicting Trump (local mirror)
- Customs Agents Demand IDs from Passengers on Domestic Flight (local mirror) (local mirror of photograph taken by journalist on the flight)
- Trump's Silence on Olathe Shooting is Disquieting (local mirror)
Hate In the Age of Trump: A Photo Essay (local mirror)
- "Powered by social media platforms and encouraged by the rise of Trump-as-champion, America's hate groups have emerged from the fringes with a newfound sense of respectability."
- "They laid plans to attack courthouses, banks, festivals, funerals, schools, mosques, churches, synagogues, clinics, water-treatment plants, and power grids."
- "White supremacist groups - traditionally all-male, with a strong patriarchal bent - are recruiting women as a sign of their new 'inclusiveness.'"
DREAMer Arrested After Speaking to Media Will Be Deported Without Hearing, Attorney Says (local mirror)
- Chilling effect, anyone? Sending a message to anyone who'd dare to speak out?
- No hearing?
- "...ICE agents came in with a warrant, wielding guns."
- "ICE's assertion that her detention is 'routine' is anything but." --Mississippi Representative Bennie Thompson
- Don't Be Fooled, Trump's Muslim Ban Is Still Illegal (local mirror)
Aggressive Interrogation of Artists and Writers at US Border (local mirror)
- Artists and writers... people who have inherent reach into culture and can present a different view of reality.
- People who are in a good position to present evidence.
- A children's book author, a Holocaust scholar, and an artist whose work criticizes incarceration policy.
- Trump's disaster of a Holocaust remembrance speech comes to mind.
- New federal policy which will increase the usage of privately owned and operated prisons comes to mind, also.
- Australian Children's Author Mem Fox Detained by US Border Control (local mirror)
- Trump Issues New Version of Muslim Travel Ban (local mirror)
- Intent of Trump's New Executive Order Is Basically Identical to His Original Muslim Ban (local mirror)
- Steve King called for a purge of federal staff. (local mirror)
- Sean Hannity calls for a purge of "deep state saboteurs." (local mirror)
- How President Trump has Already Hurt American Democracy - In Just 50 Days (local mirror)
- LGBTQ Center In Tulsa Vandalized by Shooting (local mirror)
- Trump Aides Attack Agency that will Analyze Health Bill's Costs (local mirror)
- Trump Expeted to Issue New Travel Ban Excluding Iraq on Monday (local mirror)
Immigration Judges Headed to 12 US Cities to Speed Deportations (local mirror)
- Arguably, this also subverts parts of the judiciary (see point number 8).
- After an Immigration Raid, A City's Students Vanish (local mirror)
- Heritage Foundation Alum Critical of Transgender Rights to Lead HHS Civil Rights Office (local mirror)
- School Rape Case Fuels Myth that Immigrants are Dangerous (local mirror)
American Citizens: US Border Agents Can Search Your Cellphone (local mirror)
- When you do not have custody of your phone, they can not only copy its contents, they can install whatever they want on it.
US Citizens Now Being Forced to Provide Their Social Media Passwords Upon Return to US (local mirror)
- Seem harmless?
- They could post whatever they want as you.
- They can now see your entire social graph: Everybody you've friended, everybody who's friended you, what they've posted, and what you've reposted.
- They now have access to stuff they can spin negatively to fuck with you.
- Seem harmless?
- How to Prepare for an ICE Raid On Your Workplace (local mirror)
- In an Angry and Fearful Nation, an Outbreak of Anti-Semitism (local mirror)
Two Houston Doctors Facing Removal by Immigration Officials are Granted Temporary Stay (local mirror)
- They don't care that they're doctors with patients in need.
- As ICE Retaliates Against Austin, Learn How New Haven Fought Back Against a 2007 ICE Crackdown (local mirror) (local mirror of video)
- Our Dishonest President (local mirror)
ICE Quietly Confirms 367 Immigrants Were Detained in Raids Across the Country (local mirror)
- How many were outspoken critics of what's going on? I am highly skeptical that all of a sudden they're hunting down immigrant fugitives.
- Did the Justice Department Really Support the President's Misstatement to Congress Let's Find Out. (local mirror)
- These shocking numbers show just how chilling Trump's crackdown has been for immigrant families (local mirror)
ICE Immigration Arrests os Noncriminals Double Under Trump (local mirror)
- I'm wondering how many are naturalized citizens who are openly critical of the Trump regieme.
- 9 States Won't accept IDs for Domestic Flights (local mirror)
- Trump's 100th Day Speech May Have Been the Most Hate Filled In Modern History (local mirror)
- In A Day of Frantic Tweets, A Senator Pleaded with Trump to Stop A Deportation (local mirror)
Texas State Representative Admits GEO Group Wrote Immigrant Detention Bill in State Legislature (local mirror)
- GEO Group is one of the big for-profit prison companies.
- GOP Targets Law Enacted After 2008 Financial Meltdown (local mirror)
- ICE Detained a US Citizen for Almost Three Weeks (local mirror)
- ICE Detains Woman Seeking Domestic Abuse Protection at Texas Courthouse (local mirror)
- Class Action Lawsuit Claims Thousands of ICE Detainees Were Forced Into Labor (local mirror)
- "If you keep fucking with Mr. Trump, we know where you live." (local mirror)
Trump: "US needs a good shutdown." (local mirror)
- This, incidentally, would screw the families of every civil servant in the US government. Shutdowns mean no paycheques.
The Border Is All Around Us, and It's Growing (local mirror)
- "Papers, please."
- "You'll be hanging from a tree." (local mirror)
- Trump Is Trying To Control the FBI. It's Time To Freak Out. (local mirror)
- Under the GOP's Health Plan, Sexual Assault Could be Considered A Pre-Existing Condition (local mirror)
- Feds Use Anti-Terror Tool to Hunt the Undocumented (local mirror)
- Feds Hunted Down an Undocumented Immigrant Using Controversial Phone Tracker (local mirror)
- The Trump Administration Wants to End the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (local mirror)
- The Airport Lawyers Who Stood Up to Trump are Under Attack (local mirror)
- Declassified Memos Show FBI Illegally Shared Spy Data on Americans with Private Parties (local mirror)
- Trump Seeks to End Program for Older Jobless Americans (local mirror)
- Texas Stokes Immigration Debate with Sanctuary Cities Ban (local mirror)
- US Justice Department Intensifies Efforts Against Sanctuary Cities (local mirror)
- Texas Lawmakers Approve Ban on Sanctuary Cities (local mirror)
- A US Citizen Says Her Rights Were Violated After She Was Detained by Immigration Authorities in San Bernadino (local mirror)
- Probe Underway Into Video of Transit Officer Checking Rider's Immigration Status (local mirror)
Texas Official Called Immigration Authorities on Protestors, Threatened to Shoot Colleague (local mirror)
- Representative Matt Rinaldi called ICE field agents to arrest anti-SB4 protestors.
- Rinaldi did not deny the accusation that he had done so.
- A physical alteration broke out between Rinaldi and several other representatives on site.
- Representative Justin Rodriguez claimed that Rinaldi threatened to "put a bullet in one of my colleagues' heads."
- Local mirror of video of altercation.
Texas Republican Called ICE on SB4 Protestors, Threatened to Shoot Colleague (local mirror)
- Occurred on 29 May 2017, final day of the regular Texas legislative session.
- The threat seems to have been made against Representative Poncho Nevarez on the floor.
- Representative Matt Rinaldi's side of the story on Facebook (Local mirror)
- Trump Budget Proposal Would Circumvent Courts to Target Undocumented Immigrants (local mirror)
- Portland Stabbing Suspect Shouts "You've got no safe place!" (local mirror)
- Portland Republican Says Party Should Use Militia Groups After Racial Attack (local mirror)
- Signs of the Time: Fake US Immigration Control Posters Found in Washington (local mirror)
Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Checks (local mirror)
- Potentially anything can be construed to make anyone appear potentially dangerous.
- Usd for mapping social networks, especially when the intelligence community won't have anything to do with you.
- Excuse to make people disappear?
- Trump Budget Would Slash Science Programmes Across Government (local mirror)
5. They will distort the truth, deny facts. They will make people forget what facts mean, sedate their need to find the truth. They will feed "post-truths" and "post-facts", replace knowledge with emotions. Always fact-check and point out the truth, fight emotion with facts.
- Trump Gives NSC Seat to Ex-Breitbart Chief Steve Bannon (local mirror)
- We Tracked Down A Fake News Creator in the Suburbs (local mirror)
- None of the Old Rules Apply (local mirror)
- All Statements Involving Donald Trump (local mirror as of 20170129)
- The Race to Weaponize Empathy (local mirror)
- Suspect in Quebec Mosque Attack Quickly Depicted as a Moroccan Muslim. He's a White Nationalist. (local mirror
- Kellyanne Conway Refers to Fake Bowling Green Massacre (local mirror)
- Trump Advisor Cites Non-Existent Bowling Green Massacre Defending Ban (local mirror)
- What Donald Trump Lied About This Week (local mirror)
- AP Fact Check: Trump Says Terrorism Acts Ignored (local mirror)
- White House Handling of Controversial Plans (local mirror)
- Full transcript of Trump press conference, 16 February 2017 (local mirror)
With "Fake News," Trump Moves from Alternative Facts to Alternative Language (local mirror)
- "Any negative polls are fake news." --Donald Trump
- "A fake does not have the primary function, but is intended to deceive you into thinking that it does have that function, and hence to serve the secondary function. A fake gun won't shoot, but if you are deceived into thinking it is real, it can intimidate you." --George Lakoff, professor of linguistics, University of California at Berkeley
- Trump Just Told Pennsylvania Attorney General that Anti-Semitic Threats May be False Flag Operations (local mirror)
- Trump Blasted for Parroting Same Anti-Jewish Conspiracy as White Supremacist Site (local mirror)
What to Make of Donald Trump's Early Morning Wiretap Tweets (local mirror)
- "One of President Trump’s most consistent rhetorical maneuvers is a fairly basic but often highly effective one—the diversionary reverse accusation. When he is accused of benefitting from 'fake news,' he flips the neologism on its head; suddenly CNN, the Times, and the rest are 'fake news.'"
- History of Fake News: a 180 Year Old Moon Hoax Followed the Same Playbook as Donald Trump (local mirror)
- Here's What Non-Fake News Looks Like (local mirror)
- Spicer: Trump Didn't Mean Wiretapping When He Tweeted About Wiretapping (local mirror)
- The 4 Craziest Moments from Sean Spicer's Mind-Bending Press Conference (local mirror)
- The Science of "Blue Lies": There's a Reason Trump Supporters Embrace His Alternative Facts (local mirror)
- Bernie Sanders' Campaign Faced a Fake News Tsunami. Where Did It Come From? (local mirror)
- Why Trump Lies (local mirror)
To Trump Supporters, Real Story is about Leaks and Sabotage (local mirror)
- To them, he can do no wrong, and any evidence to the contrary is considered sabotage or direct attacks.
- Fox Host Jeanine Pirro Abruptly Cuts Video of Trump Bowing to Saudi King During Kellyanne Conway Interview
- How the White Helmets, Syria's Volunteer First Responders, Became A Conspiracy Theory (local mirror)
6. They will create and leak fake, superficial scandals. They will smear opposition with trivial accusations, blowing them out of proportion and then feeding the flame. This will be the smokescreen for the legal steps they take towards totalitarianism. See through the superficial topics in mainstream media (see point number three) and focus on what they are actually doing.
- Right Wing Group Launches Campaign Against Elon Musk, Tesla, and SpaceX (local mirror)
- Fox News, Breitbart Falsely Blame Jewish Family for Cancelled Christmas Play (local mirror)
- Kellyanne Conway Calls for Trump's Media Critics to be Fired (local mirror)
- Jeff Sessions Slammed a Law Protecting School Children with Disabilities (local mirror)
- US Sounds Warning Over Ukraine Clashes (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's Defense Secretary "Mad Dog" Mattis Warns North Korea of "effective and overwhelming" Response to Nuclear Attack (local mirror)
The President Accused Obama of McCarthyism. But Trump's Mentor Helped Enforce It (local mirror)
- "His lifelong attorney and mentor — Roy Cohn, one of the men who helped mold Trump into Trump — was, as one author called it, Joseph McCarthy's sidekick."
- "Cohn was the brains behind McCarthy's rise to power and, to many Americans, one of the first real television personalities, according to his obituary in The Washington Post."
DHS Considering Proposal to Separate Children from Adults at Border (local mirror)
- Not that this is superficial, but it's distracting people from a lot of other stuff right now.
White House Proposes Steep Budget Cut to Leading Climate Science Agency (local mirror)
- This seems to be distracting people from the fact that he's firing administrators left and right with no signs of hiring replacements for them.
- The risk to life and limb of millions of US citizens becomes apparent only when you consider that the NOAA's mission, in part, is predicting storms and developing strategies for mitigating damage from same.
- "He [Rick Spinrad, former chief scientist, NOAA] said that weather warnings for tornadoes and hurricanes could be compromised and that navigational capacity used to help guide commercial ships and other mariners would suffer, leaving them without the 'improved forecasts they need to safely maneuver coastal waters.' It could become harder to warn of tsunamis and forecast weather that will cause power outages."
US Deploys Missile System Amid Rising Tensions with North Korea (local mirror)
- Sabre rattling. At an opportune time to distract everyone from the connections with Russia that just about everybody in Trump's inner circle sems to have.
Leashes Come Off Wall Street, Gun Sellers, Polluters, and More (local mirror)
- Bad enough, but there's stuff going on that it's distracting people from.
- White House releases text of executive order to "propose plans to reorganize governmental functions and eliminate unnecessary agencies (local mirror) (local mirror of page 1) (local mirror of page 2)
Tillerson Lifts Human Rights Conditions for Lucrative Arms Sale to Bahrain (local mirror)
- Let's face facts: Regardless of the human rights conditions, those weapons were going to be used against people.
- Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe Contradicts White House (local mirror)
Federal Agents Feared Release of Trump Tax Records (local mirror)
- By making it about federal agents, it draws attention away from other things going on. Like international relations not doing so well.
- America's Obsession with Rooting Out Communism Is Making A Comeback (local mirror)
7. They will propose new, "scandalous" laws to provoke your outrage. You will focus your efforts on fighting them, and they will back off to give you a false sense of victory. In the meantime they will push through less "flashy" legislation slowly dismantling democracy (see point number four). Focus your fight on what really matters.
- Donald Trump Mysteriously Pulls Out of Signing Landmark Cyber Security Order at Last Minute (local mirror)
- Trump Scraps Signing of Cybersecurity Executive Order (local mirror)
HR.861 - Terminating the EPA (anonymized link) (local mirror)
- Introduced on 20170203.
- I'm pretty sure this is a smokescreen, because bills like this get introduced every year or so.
Trump's Amateurish White House Thinks Poland Invaded Belarus (local mirror)
Original Associated Press article (local mirror)
- Search term: "according to one us official"
- Original Associated Press article (local mirror)
- Claims of "Homosexual Agenda" Help Kill Hate Crime Laws in Five States (local mirror)
- Trump Reportedly Scraps Anti-LGBT Executive Order, but Vows to Give Churches More Political Power (local mirror)
Arkansas Legislators Introduce Bill Concerning Gender Identity, Bathroom Privileges (local mirror)
- I'm not saying this isn't a real problem or a real bill. I'm saying that this is getting a lot of press at the same time the FBI is going public with high-ups in the Trump regime getting caught while under surveillance talking under the table with Russia. These bills are being introduced at a time opportune to distract people from serious breaches of US national security.
White House Statement Lifts Paragraph from ExxonMobil Press Release (local mirror)
- Distracts from Trump accusing Obama of trying to sabotage him.
- Distracts from new Muslim ban.
- New Bill Would Let Companies Force Workers to Get Genetic Tests, Share Results (local mirror)
Bill: Workers Who Decline Genetic Testing Could Face Penalties (local mirror)
- You know, I'm not so sure this is a headfake anymore. This is uncomfortably historical.
House Science Committee Calls on Alt-Science to Drive Policy (local mirror)
- The March for Science is coming up. Distracting the mighty nerds is in the regeime's best interests right now.
Trump Signs Law Allowing States to Withhold Planned Parenthood Funds (local mirror)
- Right when hard evidence of ties to Russia are all over the place. This means that people who rely on PP are suddenly in crisis.
- Trump Eases Ban on Political Activity by Churches (local mirror)
- President Trump is Above the Law (of Incitement) (local mirror)
8. They will try to take control of the judiciary. They will assault your highest court. This way they can remove the checks and balances system, be able to enact unconstitutional laws, and threaten anyone that defies them with prosecution, including the press (see point number three). Fight for the independence of the courts, they are the safeguard of the rule of law and the democratic system.
- After Court Rejects Policy, Trump Moves to Undermine the Judicial Branch (local mirror)
- Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has been fired (local mirror) (full image)
- Steve Bannon Is Making Sure There's No White House Paper Trail (local mirror)
- Not Only Is Steve Bannon Sitting In On National Security Meetings, The Usual Paper Trail Is Disappearing (local mirror)
- Trump Fires Acting Attorney General After She Defies Muslim Ban Order (local mirror)
- Trump Urges Republicans to use Nuclear Option (local mirror)
- Trump's SCOTUS Pick Founded Club Called "Fascism Forever" (local mirror)
Neil Gorsuch Joked About "Fascism Foreer Club" In Yearbook (local mirror)
- Wait, he joked about it for four years and was the president of the club the whole time? Really?
- Muslim ban to discredit judiciary? (local mirror) (image 1) (image 2)
- Donald J. Trump blaming the court system. (local mirror)
- Republicans Push Bill To Split Up "Nutty 9th Circuit" (local mirror)
- Jeff Sessions Asks 46 Obama-Appointed US Attorneys to Resign (local mirror)
- Ethics Watchdogs Want US Attorney to Investigate Trump's Business Interests (local mirror) (mirror of letter sent)
Representative Elijah Cummings Suggests Trump May Have Fired Preet Bharara to Block Investigation (local mirror)
- You think?
Fired US Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price (local mirror)
- In case it's not clear, Price was caught making hundreds of thousands of US dollars of stock trades on companies that he was manipulating legislation pertaining to industries those very companies are active in.
- Trump Administration Sought to Block Sally Yates from Testifying to Congress on Russia (local mirror)
- Did the Justice Department Try to Keep Sally Yates from Testifying? (local mirror)
- Tom Price's $150,000-plus Stock Windfall (local mirror)
- Trump's Tough Talk on Immigration Spells Huge Profit for Private Prisons (local mirror)
Hawaii Official to Sessions: Trump Can't Rule Like a King (local mirror)
- "I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and constitutional power."
- Sessions was referring to Hawaii, the 50th state of the USA, made official on 21 August 1959.
- "I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and constitutional power."
- Trump Says He's "absolutely" Considering Proposals to Dissolve Court Blocking His Executive Orders (local mirror)
- Trump Tweets About Sally Yates May Constitute Illegal Witness Intimidation (local mirror)
9. They will try to limit freedom of assembly, calling it a necessity for your security. They will enact laws prioritizing state events and rallies, or those of a certain type of ideology. This will let them choose who can demonstrate legally and give them a legal basis to forcefully disperse or prosecute the rest. Oppose any legislation trying to change freedom of assembly for any reason.
- "Stop doing anything that could be construed as free speech." (local mirror) (video)
- Republicans Push Anti Protest Laws (local mirror)
- Marquette County Republican Party Secretary Calls for Another Kent State (local mirror)
- Northern Michigan Republican Calls for "another Kent State" (local mirror)
- Related: Donald Trump on Tiananmen Square (local mirror) (screenshot of quote)
The FBI Is Building a National Watchlist That Gives Companies Realtime Updates on Employees (local mirror)
- I don't think I need to describe in detail the chilling effect this brings to people who organize or attend protests. This gives LEOs additional impetus to kettle and arrest protestors, which means that the more people they arrest, the more people's jobs are in danger, and the less motivation there is to speak out.
- This means any kind of arrest, not just protests. Imagine getting SWATted and arrested, and even though you did nothing the arrest still shows up in Rap Back and on your boss' desk the next day. Ideal for damaging people's lives.
- Worst US Protests Since 1960's Spur States to Persue Crackdown (local mirror)
- Congressman Looks Forward to His Armed Militia Pals Attending Town Hall to Counter Women Protestors (local mirror)
Arizona Senate Votes to Seize Assets of Those Who Plan, Participate in Protests that Turn Violent (local mirror)
- Easy enough to do. We've seen this happen time and again, and the faces of the agitators are well known and documented.
- Senator Ron Johnson threatens his constituents with the police for wanting a town hall. (local mirror) (local mirror of photographed warning)
- Why is DHS Labeling Protestors "Domestic Terrorists?" (local mirror)
Oklahoma Governor Signs Anti-Protest Law Imposing Huge Fines on "Conspirator" Organizations (local mirror)
- "Significantly, the statute also implicates any organization 'found to be a conspirator' with the trespasser, threatening any collaborator groups witha fine 'ten times' that imposed on the intruder..."
- Such as maybe Code Pink? Or a news agency covering the protests?
- Remember, damage is stupidly easy to fake. "Johnson - break that window!"
- Text of the law in question (local mirror)
- Felony Charges Against Inauguration Protestors Represent "Historic Crossroads" (local mirror)
Leaked Documents Reveal Counterterrorism Tactics Used at Standing Rock to "Defeat pipeline insurgencies" (local mirror)
- They treated the protestors there as an insurgent army.
- Local mirror of the leaked documents as a .zip archive.
US Anti-Trump Protestors Facing Decades Behind Bars (local mirror)
- The article leads off with a picture of a black bloc, when the actual text is about people who attended the protest but were not part of the action. Dirty pool, Al Jazerra.
10. They will distort the language, coin new terms, labels, repeat the same phrases until you subconsciously associate them the way they want. A "thief," "liar," or "traitor" will automatically mean the opposition; a "patriot" will mean their follower (see point number two). Their slogans will have double meaning, giving strength to their supporters and causing disgust or fear in their opponents. Fight changes in language in the public sphere, remind the true meaning of words, guard them for the people.
- The Alt-Right (Alt-Reich) Comes to Washington (local mirror)
- Academic Witch Hunts Are Back (local mirror)
Green Movement "Greatest threat to freedom" says Trump advisor (local mirror)
- "The expert class?"
- Ameria's Leading Authoritarian Intellectual Works for Trump (local mirror)
- Meet the "Anarchists, thugs, and paid protestors" Trump Is Warning About (local mirror) (Warning - large file!)
- Pipeline Executive Compares Dakota Protestors to Terrorists (local mirror)
Trump Directs Justice Department to Investigate "Criminal Leaks" (local mirror)
- "No law forbids a president from making a criminal referral to the Justice Department, but it is unusual for a president to direct the agency to open a criminal investigation into his perceived opponents or to talk publicly about having done so."
- “The fear is that these leak investigations will be used as a form of political retaliation” against people who may have exposed information that is personally embarrassing to Mr. Trump, she said. “We don’t want this to become a political witch hunt.” --Susan Hennessy of the Brookings Institution
- Trump's Likely Science Advisor Calls Climate Change Scientists "a glassy-eyed cult" (local mirror)
- Tom Cotton Endorses the Myth Protestors are Paid, While Seeming to Dismiss It (local mirror)
Environment Activists Deny Attacking Dakota Access Pipeline (local mirror)
- That took longer than expected. The new regieme must be fighting the FBI investigations pretty hard to let it take this long.
- If you're going to monkeywrench a pipeline, you don't go after a specifically empty and unused section of pipeline, you shut down the pipeline. This does not match up with any of the known environmental activism groups' MO's at all.
White House Installs Political Aides at Cabinet Agencies to be Trump's Eyes and Ears (local mirror)
- "political aides"
- Known spies in each agency to frighten people and make sure they toe the party line.
- I don't think I need to state when and where this was last done.
Sessions Wants to Put People "In Jail" for Leaks (local mirror)
- I forgot to put up the locally mirrored copy. Sorry.
- Letter: US Representative Marshall Disrespected Constituents at Town Hall Meeting (local mirror)
KS Congressman Accuses Town Hall Attendees of Being un-American. Attendees respond. (local mirror)
- Ordinarily I dont' like linking to DailyKos, but I haven't found a better article that pulls together all of said attendees' responses to the accusations.
Drone Journalist Faces 7 Years In Prison for Filming Dakota Pipeline Protests (local mirror)
- "Police called his use of the drone an 'act of violence.'"
- Trying to conflate journalism with violence, now.
- A jury found him not guilty on all counts.
- Charges Dropped Against Antiwar Protestors After Videos Showed Cops Beating Them (local mirror)
11. They will take over your national symbols, associate them with themselves, make them into attributes of their power. Your flag, your anthem, and your symbols belong to the People, to everyone equally. Don't let them be hijacked. Use and expose them in your fight as much as they do. Wear your national symbols with pride, let them give you strength, not associate you with shame brought by them.
- Richard Spencer talking about the Statue of Liberty (local mirror)
- Announcing the National Day of Patriotic Devotion (local mirror)
- Trump Proclaims May 1 as Loyalty Day (local mirror)
Trump Makes May 1 "Loyalty Day" (local mirror)
- And May Day... (local mirror) (another reference) (another local mirror)
- If you co-opt other holidays, people forget to celebrate them, and even forget what they mean. Useful, that.
- Granted, however, this does go back to the days of the Red Scare (local mirror), which was a time of natinoalistic fervor as well as xenophobia. It's a strategy that seems to be applied whenever the current regeime is afraid that the people will look anywhere but the US government for direction, inspiration, or new ideas. Remember that writers and artists were just as mistrusted as non-USians.
- Trump Directs Americans to Note Loyalty Day (local mirror)
12. They will try to rewrite history to suit their needs and use education to support their agenda. They will smear any historical or living figure who wouldn't approve of their actions, or distort their image to make you think they would. They will place emphasis on historical education in schools, feeding young minds with the only "correct" version of history and world view. They will raise a new generation of voters on their ideology, backing it with a distorted interpretation of history and view of the world. Guard the education of your children, teach them critical thinking, ensure their open-mindedness, and protect your true history and heritage.
- Background on why "Jews were one of many victims" is so shocking (local mirror)
- Trump Totally Ignored Black History In His Listening Session (local mirror)
- With All Eyes on Trump, Republicans are Planning to Break Unions for Good (local mirror)
- The White House Released a List of "Under Covered" Terror Attacks It Would Like You To Look At (local mirror)
- Kellyanne Conway has Repeatedly Lied About Nonexistent Bowling Green Massacre (local mirror)
- Influential Conservative Group: DeVos Should Dismantle Education Department and Bring God Into the Classrooms (local mirror)
"What has he been smoking?" Former Swedish PM on Trump's Suggestion of Attack in Sweden (local mirror)
- "Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln and many of our greatest presidents fought with the media and called them out oftentimes on their lies." --Donald Trump
- "In fact, while Jefferson often lambasted the press, he also believed it was fundamental to democracy, famously writing in 1823 to the Marquis de Lafayette, ''The only security of all is in a free press.''"
- "You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden." --Donald Trump
- "Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound." --Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister of Sweden
Trump Accuses Obama of Being Behind White House Leaks and Protests (local mirror)
- "No, I think that President Obama is behind it, because his people are certainly behind it." --Donald Trump
- Donald Trump Was A Conspiracy Theory Candidate. Now He's On the Edge of Being a Conspiracy Theory President. (local mirror)
- Trump, Citing No Evidence, Accuses Obama of "Nixon/Watergate" Plot to Wiretap Trump Tower (local mirror)
Trump Accuses Obama of Releasing "Vicious Prisoners" from Guantanamo (local mirror)
- Dubya freed them in January 2009.
Donald Trump and the Deep State. What's the Deep State? (local mirror)
- Regardless of the fact that the Trump regime is busily purging every agency and department he claims that there are Obama infiltrators sabotaging him.
- US House Intelligence Panel Leaders: No Evidence Obama Wiretapped Trump Tower (local mirror)
- Sean Hannity Hints Obama Did Cocaine, Smoked Weed with Travel Ban Judge (local mirror)
Trump Suggests Former Obama Advisor Spied on His Aides' Converstions (local mirror)
- This is getting boring. When is he going to start accusing Dubya of trying to fuck him over?
CIA Director Pompeo Denounces Wikileaks, Forgets He Used Them To Attack Hillary Clinton (local mirror)
- Somebody grabbed a copy of the tweet in question before he deleted it. (local mirror)
- Caught on Twitter, now he calls Wikileaks a "hostile intelligence service." (local mirror)
Mike Pompeo, Once a Wikileaks Fan, Attacks It as a Hostile Agent (local mirror)
- Wikileaks was only useful to him when it came to slagging somebody he was paid to not like, and now he's being all professional and stuff.
- Classified Docs Contradict Nunes Surveillance Claims, GOP and Dem Sources Say (local mirror)
- Spicer Blames Obama for Flynn's Security Clearance (local mirror)
- White House Circulates Negative Stories About Comey After Firing (local mirror)
13. They will alienate foreign allies and partners, convincing you don't need them. They won't care for the rest of the world, with their focus on "making your country great again." They will omit the fact that you're part of a bigger world, and the world's development depends on cooperation, on sharing and on trade. Don't let them build walls for your "security" instead of bridges for your prosperity.
- Malala Criticizes Trump For Closing the Doors on Children Fleeing Violence (local mirror)
- Muslim Ban Detainees at JFK Being Pressured to Revoke Legal Immigration Status (local mirror)
- Mexico's President Cancels Meeting with Trump over Wall (local mirror)
- Mexico's President Says He Canceled Meeting with Trump (local mirror)
- No "G'day, mate": On call with Australian Prime Minister, Trump Badgers and Brags (local mirror)
- Europeans Fear Breitbart Will Be Used as a Propaganda Channel (local mirror)
- Trump Threatens to Send US Troops to Mexico (local mirror)
- National Security Advisor Michael Flynn: "Iran is on notice!" (local mirror)
- Trump's Spat with Australian PM Raises Questions About Asia Alliances (local mirror)
- China Lodges Complaint over Trump-Taiwan Call (local mirror)
- Trump Proposes Including Chinese Visitors in Social Media Checks (local mirror)
- Trump's Most Chilling Economic Lie (local mirror)
- Al Quaeda Propaganda is Using Steve Bannon's Islamophobia against the US (local mirror)
Trump Invites Bids to Build Wall, Cites Importance of "Aesthetics" (local mirror)
- Aesthetics? Where have I heard that before?
- Trump Wants to Detain More Immigrants. He Could - With California's Help (local mirror)
- Many Foreign Tourists Say They're Afraid to Visit the US After Trump Travel Ban (local mirror)
- Donald Trump Fuels Diplomatic Row with Britain After Apology from US Officials over GCHQ Wiretapping Claims (local mirror)
Trade Nominee "Awaiting Instructions" from Trump on EXIM Bank (local mirror)
- "America first" == "Fuck you, I got mine."
- Trump Bid to Smooth Relationships With Germany's Angela Merkel Complicated by Policy, Personal Differences (local mirror)
- Trump Drags Key Foreign Allies Into Controversy Over Unproven Wiretap Claims (local mirror)
Trump Offers No Apology for Claim On British Spying (local mirror)
- Insulting FIVE EYES is not a wise move.
- The Trump Onslaught on International Law and Institutions (local mirror)
- Tillerson Says "All options are on the table" when It Comes to North Korea (local mirror)
Canadian Girl Guides Cancel US Trips After Travel Ban Announced (local mirror)
- How the hell do you manage to piss off Canada?!
- Trump Travel Ban Fallout (local mirror)
New Zealand: US Invokes Immunity for Embassy Staffer (local mirror)
- I wonder if the same arguments used for arresting Julian Assange the moment he steps outside of the Ecuadorian embassy will be used against this person.
- Report: Fewer International Students Applying to US Colleges (local mirror)
- Predators of Press Freedom Use "Fake News" as a Censorship Tool (local mirror)
- Tilleson to Skip NATO Meeting, Visit Russia in April (local mirror)
US Airport Pat-Downs Are About to Get More Invasive (local mirror)
- From what some of my associates tell me, they've cranked up the intensity on transpeople first, including people who've been through the Pre-Cleared process.
- Thousands of University Professors to Boycot US Conferences (local mirror)
- UN Experts Raise Alert Over Alarming US State Bills (local mirror)
- Global Tensions Rising After US Strike on Syrian Airbase (local mirror)
- Trump Shocks World in Direct US Strike on Syrian Airbase That Could Violate International Law (local mirror)
Putin: Syria Strike Illegal, Damages US-Russia Ties (local mirror)
- Sounds like Trump went way off script.
- Trump Says US Ready to Act Alone on North Korea (local mirror)
- Trump Administration Considers Far-Reaching Steps for "Extreme Vetting" (local mirror)
- UK Tourists to US May Get Asked to Hand In Passwords or Be Denied Entry (local mirror)
- China, Russia Send Ships After US Aircraft Carrier (local mirror)
- North Korea Calls US Aircraft Carrier Dispatch Outrageous (local mirror)
- North Korea Warns of Nuclear Strike if Provoked; Trump "Armada" Steams On (local mirror)
- US Naval Strike Force Now Headed to Korean Peninsula (local mirror)
- Pence Warns North Korea: "The sword stands ready" (local mirror)
Former US Ambassadors Urge Congress Not to Cut UN Funding (local mirror)
- Why is it always "former?" If you're still working for them and you say stuff like this, you get fired and lose your pension. That screws not only you but the family that depends on you. It's easy to talk a good game and say what you think you would do until you're in the hotseat.
- US Senators to Get Rare Briefing at White House on North Korea Threat (local mirror)
- North Korea Threatens to Sink Approaching US Carrier (local mirror)
For First Time, a US President Backs a Fascist France (local mirror)
- Yes, a legit, no-shit neo-Fascist - Marine le Pen.
Texas Governor Greg Abbot Signs "Show Your Papers" Anti-Immigration Bill (local mirror)
- The bill takes effect on 1 September 2017.
- Texas House Approves Anti-Immigrant "Show Your Papers" Bill (local mirror)
President Trump Finds Flattering Words for an Architect of Genocide (local mirror)
- Maybe somebody told him that North Korea testing nuclear devices could be bad for his stock prices?
- Trump and Duterte, Brothers From Another Mother (local mirror)
- With Unusual Praise, Trump Says He Could Meet Kim Jong Un (local mirror)
Australian Man Arrested in US for Overstaying Visa by 90 Minutes (local mirror)
- He was hung up at the border entering Canada from the United States.
Fuming Netanyahu Orders Ministers to Attend Trump's Reception After Most Refuse to Show Up (local mirror)
- Trump wanted the reception to be as short as possible. This didn't go over well.
- All the ministers have to undergo a USian security check upon arrival.
- Most of them won't get to actually interact with him.
- Haitian Activists Urge US Not to Deport Quake Refugees (local mirror)
This Makes No Sense: US To Ban Laptops On All Flights From Europe (local mirror)
- It makes perfect sense if you're a xenophobe who wants to keep foreigners out of your contry: You make it so much of a pain in the ass to get anything done while you're on travel that you don't do business in the US. You inconvenience tourists so much that they won't come to your country. You make techies mistrust you so much that, when faced with a choice between not being able to carry your kit with you and just not coming to that country, you don't bother coming to that country.
- Yes, it's a total footbullet, but common sense isn't anywhere to be found here.
- US Looks for Evidence of Crimes by Haitians (local mirror)
European Parliament Votes to End Visa-Free Travel for Americans (local mirror)
- The US has pissed off so much of the world that it's coming back to haunt us.
- Plus, it makes it more difficult to flee.
French President Emmanual Macron Offers Refuge to American Climate Scientists (local mirror)
- Steve Bannon
- Steve Bannon, Trump's Top Guy, Told Me He Was a Leninist (local mirror)
- Steve Bannon Will Lead Trump's White House (local mirror)
- Bannon Wants A War and He Will Use Jesus to Get One (local mirror)
Bannon Promises to Deconstruct America at CPAC (local mirror) (local mirror of video)
- "deconstruction of the administrative state"
- "If you look at these Cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction of our regulatory structure and, well, the Administrative State!"
- “If you look at the opposition party and how they portrayed the campaign and how they portrayed the transition and how they portray the administration, it’s always wrong.”
- Again, calling the news media "the opposition party."
Steve Bannon Believes the Apocalypse Is Coming and War Is Inevitable (local mirror)
- He's a Dominionist.
- People who want to be heroes tend to be the exact opposite. Nobody sane wants to be a hero; that means you want disaster, crisis, and a reason.
- This Stunningly Racist French Novel is how Steve Bannon Explains the World (local mirror)
- Some of Steve Bannon's Biggest Intellectual Influences are Fascists and White Supremacists (local mirror)
- Trump Removes Stephen Bannon from National Security Council Post (local mirror)
The Knives are Out for Stephen Bannon, and His Scam Is Getting Unmasked (local mirror)
- Either the purge is starting to go out of control, Bannon wants a position where he has less attention paid to him ("President Bannon"), or he's finally crossed the wrong people in the Oval Office. Hard to tell.
- Is Bannon In Peril? Trump Comments Worry His Populist Base (local mirror)
Ex-Breitbart Employee: There's Now A "Concrete Paper Trail" Showing Steve Bannon Still Runs Breitbart (local mirror)
- Raise your hand if you're surprised.
- Watch Steve Bannon Explain How He Sees the World (local mirror)
- Ties with Russia
- Donald Trump on Putin (local mirror)
- Foreign Policy Insider: "Curious" that White House Didn't Publish Detailed Readout of Trump-Putin Call (local mirror)
- Paul Manafort Targeted for Blackmail Shortly Before Ukraine Ties Forced Him Out of Trump Campaign (local mirror)
- FBI Refused White House Request to Knock Down Recent Trump/Russia Stories (local mirror) (local mirror of video)
Trump Personally Met With Russian Ambassador During Campaign (local mirror)
- Is there anybody in Trump's inner circle who hasn't?
- Donald J. Trump
- Jeff Sessions
- Michael Flynn
- Carter Page
- J.D. Gordon
- Is there anybody in Trump's inner circle who hasn't?
- Roger Stone's Russian Hacking "Hero" (local mirror)
- FBI Investigation Into "Odd" Computer Link Between Russian Bank and Trump Organization (local mirror)
- Rinkeby Teens Say Russian TV Crew Tried to Bribe Them (local mirror)
- Jeff Sessions Likely Met Russian Ambassador a Third Time (local mirror)
- Trump Pesonally Met with Russian Ambassador During Campaign (local mirror)
- Russians Paid Ex-Trump Security Aide Flynn $68,000 (local mirror)
Donald Trump Unaware Michael Flynn Was A "Foreign Agent," Sean Spicer Says (local mirror) (local mirror of video)
- Let's not forget that Flynn was also paid $530kus by the government of Turkey within roughly the same timeframe.
- The Web of Relationships Between Team Trump and Russia (local mirror)
- Documents Detail Flynn Payments from Russian Interests (local mirror)
- Four Congressional Committees Looking Into Trump-Russia Links (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's White House is Pushing Kremlin Lies (local mirror)
- Credibility of Congress' Russia Probes Still in Question (local mirror)
- Trump Russia Dossier Key Claim Verified (local mirror)
- A Former Trump Adviser Met With a Russian Spy (local mirror)
- The Russia Scandal Gets Weirder and Weirder (local mirror)
- Manafort Firm Received Ukraine Ledger Payout (local mirror)
- Paul Manafort Registering with US as a Foreign Agent (local mirror)
- British Intelligence Passed Trump Associates' Talks with Russia On to US Counterparts (local mirror)
- CIA Had Evidence of Russian Effort to Help Trump Earlier than Believed (local mirror)
- British Intelligence Passed Trump Associates' Talks with Russia On to US Counterparts (local mirror)
- Now We Know Why Trump Panicked About Russia Probe (local mirror)
- Putin-Linked Think Tank Drew Up Plan to Sway 2016 US Election (local mirror)
- Flynn's Turkish Lobbying Linked to Russia (local mirror)
- Lawmakers: Former Trump Security Advisor May Have Broken US Law (local mirror)
- Lawmakers: Flynn Likely Broke Law in Not Revealing Russia Payments (local mirror)
- Trump Transition Raised Flags About Flynn Russia Contacts (local mirror)
- Report: Trump Aids Had at Least 18 Exchanges with Russians (local mirror)
- Trump Revealed Highly Classified Information to Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador (local mirror)
- Presence of Russian Photographer in Oval Office Raises Alarms (local mirror)
- At Urging of Putin, Trump Hosts Lavrov and Kyslyak at White House; US Press Barred From Meeting (local mirror)
- What We Know About US Probes of Russian Meddling In 2016 Election (local mirror)
- Michael Flynn Misled Pentagon About Russia Ties, Letter Says (local mirror)
- Why Would Kushner Trust Russian Officials More Than Their American Counterparts? (local mirror)
- Russian Ambassador Told Moscow that Kushner Wanted Secret Communications Channel with Kremlin (local mirror)
- Russian Officials Discussed Influencing Trump Campaign Advisors (local mirror)
Russians Discussed "Derogatory" Information About Trump and Associates During Campaign (local mirror)
- "One source described the information as financial in nature and said the discussion centered on whether the Russians had leverage over Trump's inner circle."
- "...they had the ability to influence the administration through the derogatory information."
- Sean Spicer: White House Is No Longer Taking Questions On Trump and Russia (local mirror)
- Ties with white supremacy/white nationalism
- Stephen Miller is the Latest Liar and Bigot on Team Trump (local mirror)
- GOP Congressman Steve King Tweets White Supremacist Rhetoric (local mirror)
- Steve King Defends Tweet, Calls for Increased Birth Rate to Protect Western Values (local mirror)
- Steve King Doubles Down on Controversial "Babies" Tweet (local mirror)
Richard B. Spencer has declared Representative Steve King's words "the 15 words." (local mirror)
- Richard B. Spencer's original tweet. (local mirror)
- Why is this significant?
- Here's what it's in reference to. (local mirror, 20170313)
- Here's another reference. (Note: Anonymized link but browse at your discretion because this is the source material; take the usual precautions.)
- And another.
- It's a rallying cry. And this guy's pull with the White House right now is nothing to make light of.
- One of Trump's Advisers Goes Around Wearing a Nazi Collaborator's Medal (local mirror)
Report: Trump's Counterterrrorism Aide is a "Sworn Member" of Nazi-Affiliated Group (local mirror)
- Note: There is no way to confirm or deny this yet. But there's an interesting amount of other evidence (see above).
Nazi-Allied Group Claims Trump Aide Gotka as Member (local mirror)
- To be honest with you, I would be entirely unsurprised. However, before I go pulling the trigger on the one and only n-word that white supremacists seem to hate, I need more evidence.
- Steve King: Blacks and Hispanics "will be fighting each other" Before Overtaking Whites In Population (local mirror) (local mirror of video with full audio of interview)
- A 2-for-1 for Racists: Post Hateful Fliers, and Revel In the News Coverage (local mirror)
- Senators Question Whether Trump Advisor Gorka Has Ties to Nazi-Linked Group (local mirror)
- Sebatian Gorka Backed Anti-Semitic Militia (local mirror) (video) (local mirror of video)
- Sean Spicer: Adolf Hitler Remark "Was a Mistake" (local mirror)
Sebastian Gorka Made Nazi Linked Vitezi Rend "Proud" by Wearing Its Medal (local mirror)
- When a known, no-shit-Nazis group says you make them proud, there's something very wrong.
- Spicer: Not Even Hitler Used Chemical Weapons (local mirror)
- Sean Spicer Claims Hitler Didn't Use Chemical Weapons, Refers to Death Camps as "Holocaust Centers" (local mirror)
- The Daily Spicer: "Holocaust centers." Yes, the Press Secretary Used that Term. (local mirror)
- White Nationalists, Neo-Nazis, and Right-Wing Militia Members Clash with Antifa Protestors In Berkeley (local mirror)
White Supremacist Caught on Video Sucker Punching Woman (local mirror)
- This is the usual MO of white supremacists: Either a group of them ganks you, or you get sucker punched or chopped out. Never a fair fight.
- White Lives Matter: A New US Hate Group Shows Its Face (local mirror)
- US Confederacy Statue Rally Sparks Online Anti-Semitism (local mirror)
Torch-Wielding Group Protests Confederate Statue Removal (local mirror)
- Tiki torches, to be exact.
- (local mirror of video)
- Beyond Alt: Understanding the New Far Right (local mirror)
- As White Supremacists Push Onto Campuses, Schools Wrestle with Response (local mirror)
Admitted Neo-Nazi Stopped in Keys Wanted for Making Explosives at Home, Cops Say (local mirror)
- He had a large quantity of hexamethane triperoxide diamine (anonymized link) at home.
- He confessed to two murders - multiple gunshots to the head and upper body.
- Had a framed picture of Timothy McVeigh in his room.
- Told FBI agents he was a national socialist (anonymized link for obvious reasons) up front.
- Do I need to keep going on?
- White Nationalism's New Clothes (local mirror)
- Is There a Neo-Nazi Storm Brewing in Trump Country? (local mirror)
Trump Campaign Operative Rewards Rightwing Activist Bloodied at Berkeley Protests (local mirror)
- Adam Benton was a paid "field consultant" on the Trump '16 campaign.
- John Beavers received a portrait of Donald Trump.
A Few Things Got Left Out of The Daily Caller's Report on Confederate Monument Rally (local mirror)
- Jason Kessler of The Daily Caller did an article on Richard Spencer's demonstration in front of a Robert E. Lee monument. (local mirror)
- What they neglected to mention was that Jason Kessler gave a speech at the rally. (anonymized link)
- Video #1 (local mirror) (Warning: Large file!)
Video #2 (local mirror) (Warning: Large file!)
- That is a recording of the live stream of the talks that were given there.
- Paul Conner, editor of the Daily Caller: "We pay reporters for journalism, not their opinions."
- Assassinations, disappearances, and unusual deaths
- Ukranian Businessman With Links to Donald Trump and Russia Dies In Unexplained Circumstances (local mirror)
State Department asked NYC ME to not disclose cause of death of Vitaly Churkin (local mirror)
- State Department Seeks to Keep Russian Diplomat's Cause of Death Private (local mirror)
- Somebody kacked him.
- Mystery Death of Ex-KGB Chief Linked to MI6 Spy's Dossier on Donald Trump (local mirror)
Man Probing Ivanka Trump Brands in China Arrested; Two Others Missing (local mirror)
- Hua Haifeng was investigating working conditions at the factor that manufactures Ivanka Trump's lines of shoes. He's been arrested on charges of illegal surveillance.
- Two others, Li Zhao and Su heng, up and vanished.
- Chinese police are ignoring all inquiries.
Federal Employees' Guide to Sharing Key Information with the Public (anonymized link) (local mirror of guide)
- Note: As of 2017-02-20 08:27:40 UTC, no beasties were detected in this file by virustotal.com. If you're concerned use appropriate caution before opening that file. Forewarned is unflatlined.
- Why Isn't Afghan Taliban on US List of Foreign Terror Groups? (local mirror)
- Classified Memo Tells Intelligence Analysts to Keep Trump's Daily Brief Short (local mirror)
- LAPD asks ICE to not call themselves "police" (local mirror) (local mirror of scanned letter)
Defense Against the Dark Arts: Networked Propaganda and Counter-Propaganda (local mirror)
- This article is a. Must. Read.
- The State of Trump's State Department (local mirror)
Michael Flynn was Paid to Represent Turkey's Interests During Trump Campaign (local mirror)
- More than $50kus.
- It's Plausible Trump Incited Violence, Judge Rules in OK Lawsuit (local mirror) (ruling) (local mirror of ruling)
- EPA Scrubs Climate Change Sections from Website (local mirror)
- EPA Website Removes Climate Science Site from Public View After Two Decades (local mirror)
In A Beijing Ballroom, Kushner Family Pushes $500kus "Investor Visa" to Wealthy Chinese (local mirror)
- Selling citizenship is a time-honored tradition of dodgy regimes.
- "Invest $500,000 and immigrate to the United States."
- So, nobody but really rich people are allowed to come to the US, huh?
- Reporters Chased Out of Meeting with Kushner Family Pitching Chinese Investors (local mirror)
- A Woman Is on Trial For Laughing During A Congressional Hearing (local mirror)
- A Jury Just Convicted a Woman for Laughing at Jeff Sessions (local mirror)
Private Prisons: Here's Why Sessions' Memo Matters (local mirror)
- An authoritarian wanna-be billionaire bent on making his buddies more rich and terrified of criticism wants more prisons? What a surprise.
- The Feds have "Trump Tapes" Akin to Nixon's "Watergate Tapes" (local mirror)
- Sheriff Clarke Directed Staff to Hassle Plane Passenger after Brief Exchange (local mirror)
- Federal Employees' Guide to Sharing Key Information with the Public (anonymized link) (local mirror of guide)
- Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity (local mirror)
House Probe into Trump Campaign Ties to Russia in Turmoil as Chair Nunes Rejects Calls to Step Down (local mirror)
- The controversy and turmoil are exactly the point.
Susan Rice Requested to Unmask Names of Trump Transition Officials, Sources Say (local mirror)
- The title sucks. She wanted the names of Trump transition team officials who were under law enforcement surveillance.
Senate Intelligence Committee Rejects Flynn's Request for Immunity (local mirror)
- Not sure if they have no intention of actually doing anything or if Flynn's worthless to the case.
- FBI's Russian Influence Probe Includes a Look at Breitbart, Infowars News Sites (local mirror)
- Report: US Sought to Monitor Trump Advisor Last Summer (local mirror)
- Comey Agrees to Testify In A Public Session at the Senate Intelligence Community (local mirror)
- Former FBI Head Mueller Names Special Prosecutor in Russia Probe (local mirror)
- Trump Asked Then-FBI Director Comey to End Michael Flynn Probe (local mirror)
- Did Trump Ask FBI to End Investigation Into Flynn? (local mirror)
- Questions Swirl as Trump Accused of Sharing Top Secret Intel with Russians (local mirror)
Michael Flynn Ordered to Hand Over Papers (local mirror)
- Flynn, having not cooperated voluntarily, has been ordered to hand over every document he has.
- FBI Refuses to Disclose Documents on Trump's Call to Russia to Hack Clinton (local mirror)
- Comey Invited to Testify Before Senate Panel (local mirror)
- Fired FBI Head Comey Agrees to Testify Publicly Before Senate (local mirror)
- Former FBI Director Comey to Testify Publicly (local mirror)
- Comey's Firing Came as Investigators Stepped Up Russia Probe (local mirror)
- "Enough was enough": How Festering Anger at Comey Ended In His Firing (local mirror)
- An accurate assessment of Michael Flynn's security clearance situation written by somebody willing to go out on a limb because they held a clearance. (local mirror)
- Grand Jury Subpoenas Issued in FBI's Russia Investigation (local mirror)
- Flynn to Plead the Fifth (local mirror)
- Trump's Intel Chief Mum on Pressure to Rebut Russia Evidence (local mirror)
- Trump Asked Intelligence Chiefs to Push Back Against FBI Collusion Probe (local mirror)
- Congress Expands Russia Investigation to Include Trump's Personal Attorney (local mirror)
Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Says He'll "Gladly" Testify if Congress Subpoenas Him (local mirror)
- Title in URL is clickbait.
House Committee Subpoenas Flynn, Cohen; Comey to Testify (local mirror)
- I guess we'll get to see if Michael Cohen will put up or shut up.
- Comey OK'd to Testify; House Committee Issues Subpoenas (local mirror)