Since PivotX went out of support I've been running the Bolt CMS for my website at Dreamhost (referral link). A couple of weeks back you may have noticed some trouble my site was having, due to my running into significant difficulty encountered when upgrading from the v2.x release series to the v3.x release series. Some stuff went sideways, and I had to restore from backup at least once before I managed to get the upgrade procedure straightened out with the help of some of the developers in the Bolt IRC channel on Freenode. If it wasn't for help from rossriley it would have taken significantly longer to un-fuck my website.
Here's the procedure that I used to get my site upgraded to the latest release of Bolt.