In response to reading this tweet, I thought I'd type up the following list, and add links to some stuff I've observed. I'll update it as necessary. List beneath the cut.
1. They will come to power after a campaign based on fear, scaremongering, distorting the truth and blatant lies. Nevertheless, they will win democratically, which they will keep using as an argument everytime you defy them or question the legitimacy of their actions.Remember - gaining power through democracy does not give them permission to undermine said democracy.
- It's Not Chaos, It's Trump's Campaign Strategy (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's Alternate Reality Strategy (local mirror)
- What Donald Trump Said About Mexico (and Vice Versa) (local mirror)
- Donald Trump: Ban All Muslim Travel to US (local mirror)
- Trump Makes False Statement About US Murder Rate to Sheriff's Group (local mirror)
- Republican State Lawmakers Push for Restrictions on Voting (local mirror)
- The Trump Administration's Lies About Voter Fraud Will Lead to Massive Voter Suppression (local mirror)
2. They will divide and rule. Their strength lies in unity, in a single leader or party, in one voice and one ideology, and so should yours. They will call their supporters patriots, only "True Americans." You will be labeled as traitors, enemies of the state, unpatriotic, a "worse sort" of citizens, the old regime trying to regain power. You will be the corrupt "elite" while their supporters will be "the people," "the soverign" who chose them as their eladers. Don't let them divide you - remember you are one People, one Nation, with one common good.
- Republican Party Facing Unprecedented Splits as Candidate Continues to Sow Disunity (local mirror)
- Redefining Party Unity at the Republican Convention (local mirror)
- I Was Trained For the Culture Wars In Home School... (local mirror)
- Trump Middle Fingers the Alt-Right (Alt-Reich) (local mirror)
- Bill O'Reilly's Most Misleading and Dangerous White Nationalist Rant to Date (local mirror)
- California Not "Out of Control" Leaders Tell Trump (local mirror)
3. Through convoluted laws and threats they will try to slowly take over mainstream media and limit press freedom. They will ban any critical press from their briefings, calling them "liars," "fake news." They will brand those media as "unpatriotic," acting against the People (see point number two). Fight for every media outlet, every journalist that is being banned, censored, sacked, or labelled an "enemy of the state" for exposing the truth - as long as there's free press, there's hope.
- Kellyanne Conway to Trump Critics: Be Careful What You Say (local mirror)
- Conservatives Take Aim at Mainstream Media (local mirror)
- Here are the Media Outlets Banned by Donald Trump (local mirror)
- Trump's DC Hotel Bans Reporters During Inauguration Week (local mirror)
- Donald Trump Just Barred WaPo Reporters from Campaign Events (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's Seven Techniques to Control the Media (local mirror)
- The Alt-Right (Alt-Reich) Has Adopted an Old Nazi Term for Reporters (local mirror)
- Trump Strategist Stephen Bannon Says Media Should Keep Its Mouth Shut (local mirror)
- BBC Journalist Detained, Interrogated at US Airport (local mirror)
- In Black History Month Listening Session, Trump Lashes Out at Media (local mirror)
- Press Pool Escorted Out for Not Behaving (local mirror)
- White House Ices out CNN (local mirror)
Kellyanne Conway on President Trump's Ambitious Agenda (local mirror)
- "They're dishonest people. The media is very dishonest."
- "The media should be embarassed and humiliated and and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while."
- "You're the opposition party. Not the Democratic party. You're the opposition paty."
- "It's all the same. It's an anti-Trump screed. It's completely disrespectful to the Office of the President."
- If you're not for them, you're against them.
- "I think it's called listen more."
- "Not one network person has been let go. Not one silly political analyst and pundit who talked smack all day long about Donald Trump has been let go."
- Trump Falsely Claims Media Covering Up Terrorist Attacks (local mirror)
- Why the White House Keeps Crying "Fake News" (local mirror)
- Conflict Over Trump Forces Out an Opinion Editor at the Wall Street Journal (local mirror)
- The Mysterious Disappearance of the Biggest Scandal in Washington (local mirror)
- I Thought CNN was Taking a Courageous Stand Against White House Lies (local mirror)
- White House Warns Journalists and Lawmakers over Botched Yemen Raid (local mirror)
4. They will create chaos, keep a constant sense of conflict and danger. They will use this as an argument to enact new authoritarian laws, each one further limiting your freedom. They will disguise them as being for your protection, for the good of the People. See through the chaos, the fake danger, expose it before you wake up in a totalitarian state.
- Trump White House Defends Travel Ban (local mirror)
- Chaos, Anger as Trump Order Halts Some Muslim Immigrants (local mirror)
- Trump's Muslim Ban Triggers Chaos, Heartbreak, and Resistance (local mirror)
- Trump Fan Who Shot Anti-Fascist Protestor Set Free (local mirror)
- DHS refuses to comply with injunction, 20170129 (local mirror)
- Sources: Trump Executive Order Allowing Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination Is Coming Soon (local mirror)
- Trump Is Reportedly Drafting an Executive Order Allowing For Anti-LGBTQ Discrimination (local mirror)
Trump To Focus Counter-Extremism Program Solely on Islam (local mirror)
- ("...would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.")
- Steve Bannon's Major Play Is Shaping Up as a Full Blown Fisco (local mirror)
- Milo Launches Horowitz Freedom Center Campaign Against Sanctuary Campuses (anonymized link) (local mirror)
Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety In the Interior of the United States (anonymized link) (local mirror)
- "Sanctuary jurisdictions across the United States willfully violate Federal law in an attempt to shield aliens from removal from the United States. These jurisdictions have caused immeasurable harm to the American people and to the very fabric of our Republic."
- "In executing faithfully the immigration laws of the United States, the Secretary of Homeland Security (Secretary) shall prioritize for removal those aliens... In the judgment of an immigration officer, otherwise pose a risk to public safety or national security."
- Anybody who's ever dealt with ICE knows how capricious they can be.
- "The Secretary, through the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers..."
- "It is the policy of the executive branch to empower State and local law enforcement agencies across the country to perform the functions of an immigration officer in the interior of the United States to the maximum extent permitted by law."
- "In furtherance of this policy, the Attorney General and the Secretary, in their discretion and to the extent consistent with law, shall ensure that jurisdictions that willfully refuse to comply with 8 U.S.C. 1373 (sanctuary jurisdictions) are not eligible to receive Federal grants, except as deemed necessary for law enforcement purposes by the Attorney General or the Secretary."
- "To better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions, the Secretary shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens."
- "Agencies shall, to the extent consistent with applicable law, ensure that their privacy policies exclude persons who are not United States citizens or lawful permanent residents from the protections of the Privacy Act regarding personally identifiable information."
- President Trump, Quebec, and the Dismantling of CVE (local mirror)
- Donald Trump, Who Campaigned on Rolling Back Trans Rights, has Begun Rolling Back Trans Rights (local mirror)
- New York City Set to Pass Sweeping Nuisance Abatement reforms (local mirror)
- Criminalization and Trump's ICE Raids: Two Immigrant Rights Organizers Facing Deportation Speak Out (local mirror)
- Trump Aide Derided Islam, Immigration, and Diversity, Embraced an Antisemitic Past (local mirror)
God Used Trump to Delay the Antichrist's Rise to Power (local mirror)
- Why did I put this here? It divides people between the Dominionists, the more moderate Christians, and everybody else. The Dominionists are, shall we say, pretty serious about their beliefs.
- If you've never encountered dominionists before or have reason to doubt any of the above articles, I highly suggest that you hang out with a few of them. You'll learn quickly.
- Donald Trump Signs Executive Order Giving Police More Powers (local mirror)
- Sessions Wastes No Time Attacking LGBTQ Rights (local mirror)
- Executive Orders Directed at Crime, Drugs, Protecting Police (local mirror)
5. They will distort the truth, deny facts. They will make people forget what facts mean, sedate their need to find the truth. They will feed "post-truths" and "post-facts", replace knowledge with emotions. Always fact-check and point out the truth, fight emotion with facts.
- Trump Gives NSC Seat to Ex-Breitbart Chief Steve Bannon (local mirror)
- We Tracked Down A Fake News Creator in the Suburbs (local mirror)
- None of the Old Rules Apply (local mirror)
- All Statements Involving Donald Trump (local mirror as of 20170129)
- The Race to Weaponize Empathy (local mirror)
- Suspect in Quebec Mosque Attack Quickly Depicted as a Moroccan Muslim. He's a White Nationalist. (local mirror
- Kellyanne Conway Refers to Fake Bowling Green Massacre (local mirror)
- Trump Advisor Cites Non-Existent Bowling Green Massacre Defending Ban (local mirror)
- What Donald Trump Lied About This Week (local mirror)
- AP Fact Check: Trump Says Terrorism Acts Ignored (local mirror)
- White House Handling of Controversial Plans (local mirror)
- Full transcript of Trump press conference, 16 February 2017 (local mirror)
6. They will create and leak fake, superficial scandals. They will smear opposition with trivial accusations, blowing them out of proportion and then feeding the flame. This will be the smokescreen for the legal steps they take towards totalitarianism. See through the superficial topics in mainstream media (see point number three) and focus on what they are actually doing.
- Right Wing Group Launches Campaign Against Elon Musk, Tesla, and SpaceX (local mirror)
- Fox News, Breitbart Falsely Blame Jewish Family for Cancelled Christmas Play (local mirror)
- Kellyanne Conway Calls for Trump's Media Critics to be Fired (local mirror)
- Jeff Sessions Slammed a Law Protecting School Children with Disabilities (local mirror)
- US Sounds Warning Over Ukraine Clashes (local mirror)
- Donald Trump's Defense Secretary "Mad Dog" Mattis Warns North Korea of "effective and overwhelming" Response to Nuclear Attack (local mirror)
7. They will propose new, "scandalous" laws to provoke your outrage. You will focus your efforts on fighting them, and they will back off to give you a false sense of victory. In the meantime they will push through less "flashy" legislation slowly dismantling democracy (see point number four). Focus your fight on what really matters.
- Donald Trump Mysteriously Pulls Out of Signing Landmark Cyber Security Order at Last Minute (local mirror)
- Trump Scraps Signing of Cybersecurity Executive Order (local mirror)
HR.861 - Terminating the EPA (anonymized link) (local mirror)
- Introduced on 20170203.
- I'm pretty sure this is a smokescreen, because bills like this get introduced every year or so.
Trump's Amateurish White House Thinks Poland Invaded Belarus (local mirror)
Original Associated Press article (local mirror)
- Search term: "according to one us official"
- Original Associated Press article (local mirror)
- Claims of "Homosexual Agenda" Help Kill Hate Crime Laws in Five States (local mirror)
- Trump Reportedly Scraps Anti-LGBT Executive Order, but Vows to Give Churches More Political Power (local mirror)
Arkansas Legislators Introduce Bill Concerning Gender Identity, Bathroom Privileges (local mirror)
- I'm not saying this isn't a real problem or a real bill. I'm saying that this is getting a lot of press at the same time the FBI is going public with high-ups in the Trump regime getting caught while under surveillance talking under the table with Russia. These bills are being introduced at a time opportune to distract people from serious breaches of US national security.
8. They will try to take control of the judiciary. They will assault your highest court. This way they can remove the checks and balances system, be able to enact unconstitutional laws, and threaten anyone that defies them with prosecution, including the press (see point number three). Fight for the independence of the courts, they are the safeguard of the rule of law and the democratic system.
- After Court Rejects Policy, Trump Moves to Undermine the Judicial Branch (local mirror)
- Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has been fired (local mirror) (full image)
- Steve Bannon Is Making Sure There's No White House Paper Trail (local mirror)
- Not Only Is Steve Bannon Sitting In On National Security Meetings, The Usual Paper Trail Is Disappearing (local mirror)
- Trump Fires Acting Attorney General After She Defies Muslim Ban Order (local mirror)
- Trump Urges Republicans to use Nuclear Option (local mirror)
- Trump's SCOTUS Pick Founded Club Called "Fascism Forever" (local mirror)
Neil Gorsuch Joked About "Fascism Foreer Club" In Yearbook (local mirror)
- Wait, he joked about it for four years and was the president of the club the whole time? Really?
- Muslim ban to discredit judiciary? (local mirror) (image 1) (image 2)
- Donald J. Trump blaming the court system. (local mirror)
- Republicans Push Bill To Split Up "Nutty 9th Circuit" (local mirror)
9. They will try to limit freedom of assembly, calling it a necessity for your security. They will enact laws prioritizing state events and rallies, or those of a certain type of ideology. This will let them choose who can demonstrate legally and give them a legal basis to forcefully disperse or prosecute the rest. Oppose any legislation trying to change freedom of assembly for any reason.
- "Stop doing anything that could be construed as free speech." (local mirror) (video)
- Republicans Push Anti Protest Laws (local mirror)
- Marquette County Republican Party Secretary Calls for Another Kent State (local mirror)
- Northern Michigan Republican Calls for "another Kent State" (local mirror)
- Related: Donald Trump on Tiananmen Square (local mirror) (screenshot of quote)
The FBI Is Building a National Watchlist That Gives Companies Realtime Updates on Employees (local mirror)
- I don't think I need to describe in detail the chilling effect this brings to people who organize or attend protests. This gives LEOs additional impetus to kettle and arrest protestors, which means that the more people they arrest, the more people's jobs are in danger, and the less motivation there is to speak out.
- This means any kind of arrest, not just protests. Imagine getting SWATted and arrested, and even though you did nothing the arrest still shows up in Rap Back and on your boss' desk the next day. Ideal for damaging people's lives.
- Worst US Protests Since 1960's Spur States to Persue Crackdown (local mirror)
10. They will distort the language, coin new terms, labels, repeat the same phrases until you subconsciously associate them the way they want. A "thief," "liar," or "traitor" will automatically mean the opposition; a "patriot" will mean their follower (see point number two). Their slogans will have double meaning, giving strength to their supporters and causing disgust or fear in their opponents. Fight changes in language in the public sphere, remind the true meaning of words, guard them for the people.
- The Alt-Right (Alt-Reich) Comes to Washington (local mirror)
- Academic Witch Hunts Are Back (local mirror)
Green Movement "Greatest threat to freedom" says Trump advisor (local mirror)
- ("Expertariat?" "The expert class?")
- Ameria's Leading Authoritarian Intellectual Works for Trump (local mirror)
- Meet the "Anarchists, thugs, and paid protestors" Trump Is Warning About (local mirror) (Warning - large file!)
- Pipeline Executive Compares Dakota Protestors to Terrorists (local mirror)
Trump Directs Justice Department to Investigate "Criminal Leaks" (local mirror)
- "No law forbids a president from making a criminal referral to the Justice Department, but it is unusual for a president to direct the agency to open a criminal investigation into his perceived opponents or to talk publicly about having done so."
- “The fear is that these leak investigations will be used as a form of political retaliation” against people who may have exposed information that is personally embarrassing to Mr. Trump, she said. “We don’t want this to become a political witch hunt.” --Susan Hennessy of the Brookings Institution
- Trump's Likely Science Advisor Calls Climate Change Scientists "a glassy-eyed cult" (local mirror)
11. They will take over your national symbols, associate them with themselves, make them into attributes of their power. Your flag, your anthem, and your symbols belong to the People, to everyone equally. Don't let them be hijacked. Use and expose them in your fight as much as they do. Wear your national symbols with pride, let them give you strength, not associate you with shame brought by them.
- Richard Spencer talking about the Statue of Liberty (local mirror)
- Announcing the National Day of Patriotic Devotion (local mirror)
12. They will try to rewrite history to suit their needs and use education to support their agenda. They will smear any historical or living figure who wouldn't approve of their actions, or distort their image to make you think they would. They will place emphasis on historical education in schools, feeding young minds with the only "correct" version of history and world view. They will raise a new generation of voters on their ideology, backing it with a distorted interpretation of history and view of the world. Guard the education of your children, teach them critical thinking, ensure their open-mindedness, and protect your true history and heritage.
- Background on why "Jews were one of many victims" is so shocking (local mirror)
- Trump Totally Ignored Black History In His Listening Session (local mirror)
- With All Eyes on Trump, Republicans are Planning to Break Unions for Good (local mirror)
- The White House Released a List of "Under Covered" Terror Attacks It Would Like You To Look At (local mirror)
- Kellyanne Conway has Repeatedly Lied About Nonexistent Bowling Green Massacre (local mirror)
- Influential Conservative Group: DeVos Should Dismantle Education Department and Bring God Into the Classrooms (local mirror)
13. They will alienate foreign allies and partners, convincing you don't need them. They won't care for the rest of the world, with their focus on "making your country great again." They will omit the fact that you're part of a bigger world, and the world's development depends on cooperation, on sharing and on trade. Don't let them build walls for your "security" instead of bridges for your prosperity.
- Malala Criticizes Trump For Closing the Doors on Children Fleeing Violence (local mirror)
- Muslim Ban Detainees at JFK Being Pressured to Revoke Legal Immigration Status (local mirror)
- Mexico's President Cancels Meeting with Trump over Wall (local mirror)
- Mexico's President Says He Canceled Meeting with Trump (local mirror)
- No "G'day, mate": On call with Australian Prime Minister, Trump Badgers and Brags (local mirror)
- Europeans Fear Breitbart Will Be Used as a Propaganda Channel (local mirror)
- Trump Threatens to Send US Troops to Mexico (local mirror)
- National Security Advisor Michael Flynn: "Iran is on notice!" (local mirror)
- Trump's Spat with Australian PM Raises Questions About Asia Alliances (local mirror)
- China Lodges Complaint over Trump-Taiwan Call (local mirror)
- Steve Bannon, Trump's Top Guy, Told Me He Was a Leninist (local mirror)
- Steve Bannon Will Lead Trump's White House (local mirror)
- Trump Travel Ban Fallout (local mirror)
- Donald Trump on Putin (local mirror)
- Foreign Policy Insider: "Curious" that White House Didn't Publish Detailed Readout of Trump-Putin Call (local mirror)
- Bannon Wants A War and He Will Use Jesus to Get One (local mirror)
- One of Trump's Advisers Goes Around Wearing a Nazi Collaborator's Medal (local mirror)
- Stephen Miller is the Latest Liar and Bigot on Team Trump (local mirror)